Carl Zeiss Launches 2011 Photography Contest: “Every Moment Tells a Story”Конкурсы
Место: Carl Zeiss
Start of the Carl Zeiss Photography Contest 2011
“Every moment tells a story.” That is the theme of the Carl Zeiss Photography Contest 2011, which was launched today. Photographers and photo enthusiasts from anywhere in the world are invited to approach and capture this contest theme from their own unique perspective. Anyone can participate, provided the pictures are shot with a ZEISS lens. (Terms of Participation)
- For its 2011 photography competition, Carl Zeiss is looking for that moment in which you do not see a subject, but a story. “We’re looking for images of that very special moment,” says Martin Dominicus, Head of Marketing for the Carl Zeiss Camera Lens Division. “Every life, every situation and every place is full of stories that take place in a split second. The ability to capture that in such a way that you recognize the story behind it — this is, and has always been, the high art of photography.”
No creative limits
The pictures can be about anything. They can show people telling a story through their facial expressions or charm. They can depict a story in nature, whether shown through the sun, water, mist or frost. In exploring the theme, photographers can go to the limits of their imagination. There are also no rules in terms of style. The images can show bizarre, mysterious, funny or romantic situations. Photographic techniques such as the conscious play with focusing or blur can be used, as well as light/shadow or black and white photography. The most decisive requirement for this competition is that the photographer captures a magical moment that has character and tells a story.
The most famous “master of the moment”
The ability to consciously stage a moment of time into an image and press the shutter button at just the right time was mastered by the legendary photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson. He always knew what image he wanted to depict when the shutter was released. „Cartier-Bresson had an unmistakable way of expressing the story of a moment. We look forward to seeing how the participants of our photography competition capture the moments of everyday life in their own individual style,” says Dominicus.
Follow the competition on Flickr
As in 2010, anyone can take part in this competition provided their images are shot with a ZEISS lens. It doesn’t matter if you use an SLR reflex camera or a smartphone with a ZEISS lens.
As in the previous year, this competition will again take place on the global online photo community Flickr. Participants should upload their best image to the theme “Every moment tells a story” on the official Carl Zeiss group on Flickr and tag it with the keyword “ZEISSContest2011”.
A: You do not have a Flickr account:
1. Create Flickr account at: http://www.flickr.com/signup/
2. Provide the necessary information
B: You have a Flickr account:
1. Join the OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/carlzeisslenses
2. Tag your photo using the specified key words: lens, mount and topic.
3. Important: To participate in the contest, you must also tag your photo with: ZEISSContest2011.
4. Load your photo to the OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses group.
Photographers and photo enthusiasts have until Sunday January 15, 2012 to submit their images on Flickr. Subsequently, the jury, consisting of Carl Zeiss employees and professional photographers, will shortlist the best images. One of the jury members will be the well-known Slovak photographer and researcher Filip Kulisev, who has received several international photography awards for his spectacular landscape photography.
The highest number of points will be given to images that have been consciously composed and in which one can recognize a story. From the jury’s shortlist, the Flickr community will select the ten best images by designating them as a “favorite”. The images that receive the most “favorites” on Flickr will win.
- 1st prize: A ZEISS SLR camera lens of the winner’s choice (ZE or ZF.2) with exclusive engraving + Carl Zeiss T* UV filter + Carl Zeiss Comfort Camera Strap + Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit
- 2nd prize: Nokia Lumia 800 smartphone with Carl Zeiss Tessar lens
- 3rd prize: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX55 digital camera with Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens
- 4th prize: Logitech HD Pro webcam C910 with Carl Zeiss Tessar lens
- 5th and 6th prizes: Carl Zeiss Comfort Camera Strap + Carl Zeiss knapsack+ Carl Zeiss watch + Carl Zeiss umbrella + Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit
- 7th and 8th prizes: Carl Zeiss Comfort Camera Strap + Carl Zeiss umbrella + Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit
- 9th prize: Carl Zeiss Comfort Camera Strap+ Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit
- 10th prize: Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit
We look forward to receiving your photos. We wish all participants much success.
- 72 пост
ММКФ-41. Презентация фотоальбома «Валерий Генде-Роте. Московский международный кинофестиваль 1961-1991».Альбом «Валерий Генде-Роте. Московский международн...
- 72 пост
Фотоальбом «Валерий Генде-Роте. Московский международный кинофестиваль 1961-1991». Москва, 2018Фотоальбом «Валерий Генде-Роте. Московский междуна...